What works for you? Tell us your secrets!
What helps you stay on track in your goal to gain bone density?
What are your tricks to make Rebounding even more fun?

Let us know EVERYTHING. We want to be inspired by YOU!!!!

Comments
  • Charlie August 17, 2011 at 8:55 pm

WARM SHOWER BEFORE REBOUNDING helps to overcome weakness in muscles.
    One thing I have tried prior to rebounding is to have a warm/hot shower so that my muscles are warm before starting. When I first began rebounding I was a little weak and found that warming up my back tissue in particular was very helpful!

• Mary Ann August 17, 2011 at 8:45 pm

USING A MIRROR WHEN REBOUNDING to correct feet positioning and alignment

I brought a mirror and placed it next to the rebounder so I could see the placement of my feet onto the rebounder as well as the loose ankles and unlocked knees.

• Sylvia August 17, 2011 at 8:51 pm

That is an awesome idea and really helps to control your posture. Especially the feet. With a mirror you can easily see when you are falling with the ankles towards the middle (called “Pronating”). Also your general body alignment can be easily observed and corrected when using a mirror.
      You can look into the mirror and then instruct the person in the mirror. As if you are the teacher and you tell the person in the mirror how to do it right! For changing habits (like posture, feet positioning etc. ) it needs a time of change. It is not a light switch. For instance for people who are pronating: When they stand correctly with the heel in a 90 degree angle to the floor, their body feels strange. The body is not used to that alignment. The body feels comfortable with the old “wrong” position. But only for a while. Give it some time and the body will adapt to the new correct alignment. And then when you fall back into bad old habits, the body can even give you a warning “oh that feels strange”. But till you are there, the best you can do is work with a mirror. The mirror will always tell you the truth (unless you wear pink spectacles :-) ).

• Debra July 3, 2011 at 7:58 pm

MUSIC WORKS

I just wanted to let you know that both my husband and I LOVE the bellicon rebounder. (We’ve had if for a few months.) I actually HATE to exercise–or I should say I used to! The bellicon makes it fun and I do it almost every day. For me, that’s saying a lot.

For users that may be a bit older, I will say that, at age 57, when I first got on my new bellicon, it did feel strange and I totally concur that it’s best to start slowly. Moving in a way to which your body is unaccustomed is awkward at first. But you should see me now!

I have created a playlist of rock music and I can go like gangbusters for 30 minutes! I’ve found that rebounding to music makes a big difference in the amount of time I can go and also elevates my mood. Trying to rebound while watching the news just doesn’t work for me. That stuff will suck the energy right out of you!)
    I wanted to start rebounding to lose weight and just get in better shape. Those two things are both happening (yay!). So far, I have lost 20 pounds!

But there’s another benefit that I hadn’t even thought about; I was starting to feel a bit clumsy, I think because I was not challenging my body and was just plodding along in my mostly sedentary lifestyle. I’m convinced that I now have better balance and I’m more aware of my body since rebounding.
    I’ve purchased many pieces of exercise equipment over the years. (In fact, there’s a clothes rack upstairs right now and think there may be an elliptical trainer under there somewhere…) I had almost given in to the idea that I was just going have to accept my aging body as it got pudgier and weaker, although that sounds terrible to me now. Then, I stumbled onto rebounding as a possible exercise/health option and started researching it. I looked at virtually everything on the market, and gave a lot of careful consideration to the bellicon purchase before jumping in because of the relatively high price tag. Without a doubt, I definitely made the right choice. It’s worth every single penny! I love my bellicon!

• Sylvia July 3, 2011 at 8:41 pm

This is awesome, Debra!
      Tell me: How often do you rebound? Do you have a set program?
      Sylvia

• Debra July 3, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I do my “real” rebounding workout about 2-3 times per week. I do 30 minutes that are — for me– pretty intense but I love it. Other days I just do about 10 minutes. This is because I get up for work at 4am and also have to play at the park with my very energetic Vizsla for 1-1/2–2 hours when I get home. By then I’m wiped out! But I just got off for the summer (I’m a high school teacher) so I’m planning on upping my workouts to at least every other day, if not everyday. I’m hoping that will increase my stamina and energy levels so that I can do more once school starts up again and I’m back on a tight schedule.