Movement YES – But how often?

Movement YES – But how often?

In this video you learn HOW OFTEN per day your body needs Movement and you receive tools which help you to have your body getting the movement he/she needs.

Two big reasons why we have to move at least every other hour

• The first has to do with the fat digesting enzyme LIPASE
  • and the second has to do with the way our body functions.

This is Episode #12 of “All you ever wanted to know about Rebounding”

———————————————————————————————————————————————

DOWNLOADS:

Click HERE to download  the CHIMES and the BOUNCE BACK CALENDAR.

SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND IN REGARDS TO MOVEMENT:

a)    LIPASE AND MOVEMENT

b)   SITTING AND ITS DANGERS TO OUR HEALTH

_________________________________________________________________

Comments
  • Liz February 18, 2011 at 9:26 am

Sylvia,

I am learning a lot from these videos and have downloaded them all to my iPod so that I can review them often and watch them while I’m rebounding.

What is the best way to schedule your meals and rebounding? For example, should you rebound on an empty stomach? How long after you eat can you rebound? Should you drink water before rebounding or is it better to wait until after?

Thank you for these great videos!

• Sylvia February 18, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Dear Liz, Thank you very much for your comment and your questions. Good question! I would not rebound directly after a big meal. If you have a very light meal (salad for instance), you can rebound 15 minutes later. But then also, I would not do a heavy duty workout. If you want to have a real Rebounding workout, I would wait 45 minutes after a meal before going into it. — WATER. YES. Lots’ of good water to drink after Rebounding. This helps to flush out the toxins that had been liberated during the exercise. Have FUN and good HEALTH! Sylvia

• Shawna Servantez October 27, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Sylvia, what a pleasure meeting you. I am very excited of having just placed an order for a QiBounder and I want to share my success story with Rebounding on a regular basis:
    About 10 years ago I was very weak after recovering from a car accident in which I had broken my back and I began drinking juice and jumping on a Rebounder. Only about 5 minutes at a time but EVERY full hour throughout the day…. The result was amazing: My health steadily improved!!!! I am the living proof that this method of regularly bouncing on a Rebounder really WORKS!! And I am convinced that the QiBounder I just ordered will be much easier on my fragile neck & joints.

• Sylvia October 27, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Dear Shawna, What an awesome testimonial about the the benefits of regular bouncing – even if it is just for some minutes. Thank you so much. All the best and I am looking forward to meeting you in this forum again. Best, Sylvia

• N.L.Glass June 27, 2010 at 12:29 am

N.L. I usually stay on the rebounder 20-25 minutes. 4 to 5 days a week. Thanks

• N.L.Glass June 18, 2010 at 2:27 am

Thanks for your website:

I have extremely bad, flatfeet. Even standing over 10 minutes they began to hurt. I love the rebounder because I can do it indoors. I have found that if my feet stay on the rebounder, or barely leave the surface, it does not hurt. If I jump even 3 or four inches of the rebounder, it kills my feet. My question is, am I get a good workout from not leaving the mat at all, or barely jumping very high when rebounding. I don’t feel real tired, but my muscles feel like they have had a workout. I would appreciate any help.I would hate to think I was not getting much for my time and effort. Thanks, Novy

• Elizabeth May 23, 2010 at 3:49 am

Hi Sylvia!

Thank you for your commitment to healthy lifestyle. I am taking the time to give myself a “Treat” by exercising on my rebounder. I usually have chronic back issues, inhibiting me from exercise. After watching this segment on frequency/duration, I am encouraged to do it more often in my day, when I am able. I work in an office cubicle where there isn’t and extra room too. But I will keep it out in the open at home now, so I can use it there. I am looking forward to the refreshment of exercise!

I appreciate all that you do in your videos! Keep up the excellent work.

Happy Trails,
    Elizabeth

• Pamela May 21, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I just got around to seeing your video about using the rebounder many times over a day as the optimum usage. Unfortunately, that doesn’t work for me as I work in a government office cubicle with no room for a rebounder.

I like to use my rebounder for 20 min in the morning and now, after your video, I will try and do two minutes before bedtime. How will this work for my health? I was planning on upping the 20min in the morning to 30min should I do this or not?

All the best, Pamela

• Sylvia May 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Dear Pamela,
      The important thing is that you move once every hour or at least every other hour. If you have a Rebounder available during the day, it would be the easiest to just bounce on it several times. But if you do not have a Rebounder in your office, then just do other kinds of movements. Walk to the printer. Do some stretching in the bathroom – make small movements. Import is to get on your feet. And then like you describe you do your “big” workout in the morning and then a little bouncing in the evening. That is perfectly fine. Best, Sylvia

• Tani May 19, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I am in the same situation as Paula – would love to rebound every hour, but that just isn’t possible at work. I rebound every morning from 10 – 30 minutes depending on what other exercise I am doing that day and try to jump again after work for 10 minutes or so. I have a desk job, but am up and down at least a few times an hour walking to the printer, to the back to get a drink of water or to the washroom – does that kind of movement get count?

Thanks

• Sylvia May 19, 2010 at 9:18 pm

Hi Tani, Thank you very much for your comment. All movement counts and what you describe sounds great. Just get up as often as you can, walk everything you find (staircases for instance). Do stretches in the bathroom and just keep your body engaged the whole time. Just think that your body is the most important person in the world and you are the caretaker. You are the coach of your body. With that in mind, you will always invent new movements which you can squeeze into a normal work day. Become the inventor of your movement life! Best, Sylvia

• Anna Brothers May 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm

good one thank you!

• Brian May 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I like this episode with the specific information. It helps me and helps me guide my family for bouncing in good health. Thanks.

• Barbara May 10, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thank you for the peek into the rebounding life of you and your husband. My husband and I also work at home, so we can do this too! Thank you for the chimes. Great info about lipase. I’ll happily bounce and keep my lipase active and digesting fat all day long.

• Mark May 10, 2010 at 1:44 am

Great stuff!!! Love it!

• Kathy May 9, 2010 at 10:28 pm

Yes, I liked the Movement video very much. It was informative and motivating. I will be getting on my rebounder more often now for quick little energizing workouts. Thanks for all your great videos!

• Paula May 9, 2010 at 9:24 pm

I found this video very interesting & informative. I love my rebounder, but I can not get on it every hour as I must work outside the home & my employment would never allow me to bring my rebounder with me. I do get on it 6 days a week. I use it to warm up before starting my exercise DVD, and again after for cool down as well as using for all the cardio sections. Since I can not get on it every hour, is getting up from my desk at work each hour and walking around the office for a minute or two as good as rebounding? How fortunate there are so many who can get on theirs each hour! I am envious. Keep up the great videos. I look forward to learning more moves & the health reasons for using it. Thanks so much Sylvia.

• Sylvia May 19, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Dear Paula, Thank you very much for your very valid comment. There are thousands who are in the same situation like you: Not being able to bring the Rebounder to work. You still can do the hourly movement. Just be creative. If you go to the bathroom, just take a moment and do some stretches, a leg lift or going on the toes and down – on the toes and down. I also spend many years in such a work situation and I always invented things where I could move during work. For instance once I worked in an 11 floor building and I was about to prepare myself for a major hiking tour in the Swiss mountains. So about every second hour, I got up and walked up the 11 floors. In the beginning this was pretty touch. After 2 months I could run them up and I was in great form. And I always use the toilet for Yoga stretches … :-) So there are ways to stay “in the move” also in such a work situation. Best, Sylvia

• Marcia May 9, 2010 at 1:17 pm

THANK-YOU!! With the clock and calendar you have removed every possible excuse I had! Love the idea of a quick hourly bounce. And now off my butt and on to bounce! Thanks again!!

• colleen May 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm

hi Sylvia

I really love your videos and I appreciate the health information very much. I am trying to keep healthy and it is good to get information like this knowledge is power. I am a nurse and work long hours and I am on my feet a lot on the days I work and I want to stay healthy to be able to do my job.

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Hi Colleen, How wonderful to have a nurse amongst us. Thanks for doing your great work and for keeping your body/mind healthy in order to do your service. Thanks for sharing your experience! Sylvia

• Mohammad AL Essa May 8, 2010 at 10:44 am

Hey Sylvia,

I just checked with DHL they told me that my rebounder is already arrived in the airport and tomorrow to receive. I can’t wait :) )

Also after watching this show, I might buy another rebounder for my office.

Speak Soon.
    Regards,
    Moh’d

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Hi Mohammad,
      Your rebounder is one of the furthest I have ever shipped: Kuwait. This is awesome. And isn’t that a wonderful world where we can all communicate as if we were sitting in the same room and yet we are thousands and thousands of miles apart from each other. Just awesome. And a big YES for your office. I would probably put my rebounder FIRST in the office and the second one in my HOME. Best, Sylvia

• Laure Chenard May 8, 2010 at 4:03 am

I bought a rebounder for my atelier (I am a painter);between two (or three) brushstrokes,I jump: Youpi!! it’s great…and then go concentrated on my picture again,and then yuhu again :)
    Thank you Madame Sylvia for your philanthropic work.

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Hello Laure, How wonderful how you describe your work/rebounding/work/rebounding alternations. That’ exactly what your body needs and with the experienced joy, the “work” or in your case the “very creative work” goes even better. Thanks for sharing your experience! Sylvia

• Mary Jo May 7, 2010 at 9:40 pm

What an interesting concept. I have had my rebounder in the garage during the winter months so that I can put up the door and get fresh air while exercising. Now that it is getting warmer, my rebounder will be coming in the house which is quite small. It most likely will be sitting right in my living room inviting me to get on it more often! I have watched all your shows and learn a lot from each one. Thanks so much!

• Carol May 7, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Thank you for the information about activating lipase through movement. I agree that we weren’t made to sit all day. It’s certainly bad for the back, neck and legs.

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Yes, Carol: For Back, neck, legs and for our brain. Have you ever experienced how refreshing it is for the brain. All “brain fog” just disappears after some bounces. Happy bouncing! Sylvia

• Tiffany May 7, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Okay, Silvia – How awesome is THIS?! I just got my rebounder this week (YEAH!!!). I work long hours at my computer and have been very concerned about not getting enough movement (my body has been throwing some real scary warnings my way to get moving!) When I got the rebounder and instantly saw how fun it was – I made a commitment of jumping 5 to 10 minutes on the hour for every hour I worked at my desk. Thanks so much for the chime information! On top of this I plan to walk outside most days of the week. Since my secondary background is personal fitness, I find it very interesting and will (once certified again) share with my clients the importance of not “stacking” all of their movement up in the morning, mid-day, or evening exercise regimens, but to at least get up (if their work is sedentary) and walk around their office/building for a few minutes on the hour, or, if they work from home (of have a big office, or if they are the big manager, invest in one for the office) to invest in a rebounder. I guess having a single heavy excercise load once/day or even just a few times a week is like eating on a similar schedule and expecting your body to be happy with that. :-) Thanks a ton for confirming my plans. :-)

• Sylvia May 7, 2010 at 9:39 pm

That’s indeed awesome, Tiffany. Amazing synchronicity. I like that! Happy bouncing! Sylvia

• Craig May 7, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Thank you for this great tip. It is timely for me and is a further comfirmation of the importance of movement shared with me by another a couple of days ago. I appreciate your care and help.

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:15 pm

You are very welcome, Craig. Yes, isn’t it amazing how LITTLE THINGS (like 10 x bouncing) can help so much. Happy bouncing! Sylvia

• Piroska and Sandor May 7, 2010 at 3:51 pm

I found the information very informative. The more you give us the better. Also somewhere I read that 2 minutes every hour is ideal. As it increases the white blood cell count for an hour, and reves up the immune system.

• Sylvia May 7, 2010 at 5:10 pm

Dear Piroska, dear Sandor, Thanks a lot for your very interesting remark that 2 minutes every hour increases the white blood cells count for an hour. It would be awesome if you could find out the source of this information. Please let me know in case you find it. I am very interested in this. Best, Sylvia

• Linda May 7, 2010 at 3:01 pm

What is the difference between trampoling and rebounding. I thought that total feet off the rebounder and your body totally in the air is trampoling and that is what I saw in this video. Thanks again for a great video and I appreciate your time and energy that you are sharing. Blessings Linda

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Dear Linda, This is a VERY important question “What is the difference between Rebounding and Trampolining” and I thank you for asking it. I use the words “trampolining or jumping” in order to describe a movement which I voluntarily start with the legs with the aim to jump high. And I use the terms “rebounding or bouncing” when I describe a bounce that is initiated to go down into the mat in the direction to the floor. As a result from strong rebounding, you might leave the mat. That is natural. But this is a result from bouncing DOWN. While when you jump high, you never really have the bounce down part. So what you have seen on our video: Yes our feet are leaving the mat, but we are never jumping out of the mat. We always bounce down and the mat brings us up until we even leave the mat. First the heal leaves the mat then the toes. And when we come into the mat again, it is first the toes that come in contact with the mat again and then the heal and the full foot.
      I hope this clarifies your question. Happy bouncing. Sylvia

• Tricia May 7, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Another great video. I am much more motivated to exercise or do anything when I have a good reason behind it…so, knowing that rebounding is doing all these great things for my body just spurs me on and keeps me interested.
    I’m not regimented enough to rebound every hour, however… by keeping my rebounder out in a spare bedroom, I jump on it every time I walk by – for a quick energy boost. Thanks and I hope your new computer is working smoothly!

• Sylvia May 8, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Hi Tricia, You are very welcome. I am happy when I can give a constant “stimulus” to get everybody on the Rebound. Happy bouncing. Sylvia

• john johnson May 7, 2010 at 8:20 am

Hi Sylvia, Very interesting,.. this information makes alot of sense and encourages me to get rebounding more often during the day. Thanks for the chime download and chart to record rebounding time.
    Have a great day!