Lucky Lymph – Pumping your lymph to help with Edema

Lucky Lymph – Pumping your lymph to help with Edema

Our today’s show will bring some light to the causes for painless swelling in feet or legs, also called Edema or Oedema;  and we will teach you Rebounding exercises that you can do to increase the pumping of  your lymph fluid through your body.

——————————————

#1  Rebounding exercise: Shaking the legs in the air

Lay on your back. Put your hands under your head and bring your legs up

so that the feet are pointing toward the ceiling. Relax the calves and the ankles

and shake them vigorously.

———————————–

#2 Rebounding exercise: Calf Massage

Put both hands around your left ankle and gently move them towards your knee. Give just a little bit of pressure so that it feels good to you. Then do the same massage on the other leg.

Then again put both hands around your left ankle and now press both hands slightly together, open them while coming down one inch at a time, then press again. It’s a bit like squeezing out a toothpaste.

———————————

#3 Rebounding exercise: Toe point and flex

Place both feet on the ground. Then lift your left leg and stretch it over you. Point with your toes to the ceiling. Then flex. Point and flex. Do this 5 times. Then change the foot.

——————————–

#4 Rebounding exercise: Beetle on the Back

Bring both feet in the air, stretch to the ceiling and bounce your butt. Relax the calf muscles.

———————————————

#5 Rebounding exercise: Parallel bouncing – tip of toe

Preparation : Sit on your rebounder. Now lift up one foot so that you come on the tip of your toe. Imagine you have a spring under your foot and that spring propels your foot forward and up.

Exercise:

Come into a nice bounce. Feet parallel on the mat. Lift the arms to the sides. Accelerate the bounce so that the foot leaves the mat – heel first and only the tip of the toe stays in contact with the mat. Pay attention that you come to a full extension of your foot.

————————————————-

#6 Rebounding exercise: Left / right bouncing – tip of toe

Come into a very gentle bouncing and lift the arms to the side to stabilize you.

Our  left foot becomes the stable foot and the right foot rolls up heel to toe so that at its highest point only the tip of the toe is in contact with the mat. The feet is in full extension.

Let us show you how not to do it: Do not break the foot under the toes!

Then change and the right foot becomes the stable leg.

Roll up the left  foot heel  to toe.

And now we do the same movement while alternate both feet.

Come into a left/right bounce. The feet are rolling up like before, one time the left, one time the right foot.  Remember the spring under your feet!

————————————-

These Rebounding exercises work as an excellent lymph pump, using the calf muscles to pump the lymph fluid from your feet and legs back towards the heart.

————————————–

This is Episode #21 of “All you ever wanted to know about Rebounding”

_________________________________________________________________

———————————————————-

Comments
  • Paula July 14, 2011 at 3:12 am

When reading on Yahoo, I saw an article that stated 7 ways to get healthy & lose weight.
    One of the ways was to find an exercise for the lymphatic system and advises rebounders or jump ropes as a means to do this.
    I love mine and incorporate it into all of my exercise DVD’s. It helps me so much!
    Kind regards, Paula

• nursing schools August 23, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

• Sylvia August 23, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Thank you very much for your comment. I usually broadcast every Friday a new episode on this channel and write a newsletter that is send out Friday mornings with the link to the Rebounding show. At the moment, I make a “pause” as I am off my studio. I’ll be back mid October for the next show. Bounce in good health! Sylvia

• Carol August 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm

I am a nurse and this is quite excellent, high quality. I’m impressed!

• Sylvia August 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Thank you Carol. That is great that with all your medical background you like our exercises. Thanks for letting us know! Sylvia

• Lily July 25, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Sylvia,

After a 4 hour car ride home from our vacation today I noticed some swelling in the tops of my feet. These exercises came just in time for me! Thank you so much for making these videos, they’ve been extremely helpful. I look forward to more.

• Sylvia July 26, 2010 at 9:49 am

Awesome. Thank you for sharing, Lily!

• K July 25, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this, this is a wonderful video!! So much important information…thank you, you are wonderful!!

• George Greene July 24, 2010 at 9:27 am

When one is bouncing on a trampoline:

1. Does it matter where one focuses their eyes? On the distant horizon or near?
    2. Can the act of bouncing be used to improve one’s visual acuity?
    3. I imagine myself as a rotating figure skater with the hands / arms used to stabilize my self.
    4. If one stands erect, “One grows as the twig is bent” and much less stress is induced on the spinal column.

• Sylvia July 24, 2010 at 10:00 am

Dear George, You always come up with excellent questions. Thank you very much. I will answer them right away:
      1. Yes it matters. Keep the eyes straight and look outside. But do not focus the eyes. Keep them “soft” unfocused. Like that they can recuperate.
      Most of the times we keep them focused and most of the time focused on near objects. Let them be unfocused and become aware how the
      objects are coming into your view, coming towards you and not the opposite that you have to “grab” the objects with your view.
      2. Yes, the pure act of Rebounding can help the vision as also for the eyes we need good circulation and a clean lymph fluid.
      There are specific eye training exercises which I will show in one of the future shows.
      3. Can you explain this a bit further?
      4. Yes, the alignment (standing tall) is very important, then the weight of the body is just “falling through” and not hold by stressing muscles that are not meant for this work.
      Kind regards,
      Sylvia

• Nora July 23, 2010 at 11:41 pm

I had been feeling ‘sluggish’ today after coming back from driving about 1600 miles for a trip I took, but after doing this video, I now feel awake!

Thank you for these very good videos!

Nora

• Piroska July 23, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I was wondering if you could do a segment on tightening, or firming up the hips and thieghs. Also would there be any special moventments that would help someone with constipation?
    Thanks in advance
    Piroska

• Sylvia July 26, 2010 at 9:50 am

Dear Piroska, Thank you for the good ideas for future Rebounding shows! Sylvia

• Tricia July 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Very interesting video, I’m fascinated by the lymph system – ever since you mentioned how much lymph fluid we have in our bodies – from a few videos ago.
    You show so many ways to use the rebounder – Thanks to you and James Steven… by the way you look very pretty in pink!

• Sylvia July 23, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind comment. Yes, the lymph system is fascinating! And most people don’t even know that they have one :-) — Pink! Yes I am a “pinkie”. It’s one of my favorite colors. Happy bouncing! Sylvia

• Christine July 23, 2010 at 10:26 am

Just wonderful session. Thanks a lot !

• Sylvia July 23, 2010 at 5:57 pm

Thank you Christine! Happy bouncing! Sylvia

• Kate and Larry July 23, 2010 at 10:23 am

Dear Sylvia,

Thank you so much for presenting such wonderful information each week on Rebounding.TV. We find your
    presentations to be fun, encouraging and very useful. ! The latest episode on “Lucky Lymph” is especially helpful, since Kate has noticed a slight swelling in her ankles lately. Sorry we haven’t been very communicative lately. Just want you to know how appreciative we are of your efforts. Thank you, thank you!

Kate and Larry

• Sylvia July 23, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Dear Kate and Larry, This is very kind of you that you take the time to write a comment. For me these comments are a bit the “fuel” on which I run the TV show. It is good to know, that there are REAL people out there that watch the show. Otherwise it feels like speaking in empty space. So thanks a lot for writing this comment. I wish Kate a lot of success with the exercises. Please let me know if they help her ankles. Kind regards,Sylvia