Basics to Rebounding

Basics to Rebounding

Basics to Rebounding

Comments
  • John Yesberger February 16, 2010 at 11:04 pm

My sister asked a question about bone density and using the Bellicon. She was wondering if a harder surface resulting in more pounding was benefical for increasing bone density ? Could you discuss this ?

Thanks ,
    John

• Sylvia February 17, 2010 at 9:07 pm

@John: I am happy to answer your question “Do you need to bounce on a hard surface in order to gain bone density?
      Here my answer: It is the impact that counts for building bone density. Impact comes through the G-Force. The higher you move through air and then come to the deepest point in bounce, the higher the G-Force. With the Bellicon Rebounders you can move significantly more through air while still be accompanied most of the time by the rebounder mat. (That’s the advantage of the bungee bands versus springs). Of course you can take a spring based Rebounder and just jump higher out of the mat. That would give you probably the same G-Force. However this might also hurt your joints and your back. With a bungee band Rebounder like the Bellicon you get the high G-Force and still have your joints and back protected..
      Today I received a testimonial of one of our clients who uses the Bellicon 44 Rebounder with strong bungee bands. She just got her results from the bone density test and was thrilled to find out that she gained significant bone density by bouncing on the Rebounder for a period of 6 months only. Here the link to her test results.

• Annette February 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Very good lesson. Although I knew to stand with my feet straight and parallel, I didn’t know about using the toe/heel method for the proper measurement apart. Thank You !!

• Sylvia February 13, 2010 at 4:15 pm

@Annette: Thanks for watching, Annette. Next time we’ll go into even more detail in regards to Rebounding and Alignment. Best, Sylvia

• Mary jo February 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I broke an ankle many years ago and it never healed properly. I find I need to wear shoes with good arch supports and a brace on that ankle to keep it stable during my rebounding exercise.

The video’s are excellent. Thank you for good information

• Sylvia February 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm

@Mary Jo: Dear Mary Jo, Yes, you are doing perfectly right. In your case you need this support. Thank you for your kind comment.

• Emmanuel February 12, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Thanks for these videos, they are extremely informative and appreciated.
    As this is my first week of rebounding, I wonder where does the weight of the body suppose to fall on the feet. More on the front (toes) or on the back (heel)?

I feel that sometimes, my balance is waving because of this.
    Thanks again! You do a wonderful job!

• Sylvia February 12, 2010 at 8:49 pm

WHERE DOES THE WEIGHT GO THROUGH THE FEET?
      @Emmanuel: Thank you for your comment and for asking a very important question about the weight of the feet: About 50% goes in the heal. That’s why it is so important to keep the heal in a 90 degree angle to the floor. 25% goes through a point just between the big toe and the second toe (there were you wear the ‘Roman sandals’. And 25% goes through the point between the little toe and the 4th toe.

• willa February 12, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Hi Sylvia
    I am really enjoying your show. Perhaps you will remember communicating with me a few years ago – I’m the massage therapist from southern Baja, Mexico, and you were most helpful in expediting my receiving a Bellicon rebounder so that I could return home with it.

I must admit that my lovely rebounder sat idle for quite a while and I have only recently started using it regularly, inspired by health challenges of late. So your new show is very timely for me.
    I am already seeing health improvements that I attribute directly to rebounding.

Your obvious enthusiasm and passion for what you are doing is delightful and I look forward to learning more in the weeks to come.
    Willa

• Sylvia February 12, 2010 at 8:45 pm

@Willa: Yes, Willa, I remember you. So good to see you ‘on the show”! Thank you for your comment. I am happy to learn that you are Rebounding again. Great to hear about your health results! Happy bouncing, Sylvia

• Tonya February 12, 2010 at 10:22 am

Hi Sylvia! It is wonderful to see your weekly rebound instruction, encouragement and inspiration. Looking forward to more episodes to learning the correct ways to rebound to benefit all muscle groups.
    Love my rebounder for a few years now.
    God Bless,
    Tonya (OH)

• Sylvia February 12, 2010 at 8:43 pm

@Tonya: Thank you Tonya, for your comment. Yes, we will see a lot of different Rebounding exercises for all different muscle groups. Stay tuned!

• Jim February 12, 2010 at 9:28 am

Thank you for the informative videos – I think it is better to complete a single topic instead of splitting it into two parts.

Note that I find that I can maintain neutral foot position much easier on my Bellicon spring rebounder than our Bellicon bungee rebounder, but this may be because of my flat feet.

• Sylvia February 12, 2010 at 8:40 pm

@Jim: Thank you very much for your interesting comment. You are right, the firmer the mat, the easier it is to keep the feet “neutral”. It takes a bit of practice to get the same correct foot positioning on a softer mat. However the body is learning and the softer the surface, the more the body learns balance. Also the workout is higher on a softer basis. So the incentive is there, to learn the correct foot positioning also on a soft mat.
      Concerning the splitting: Part of you are saying it’s better, part of you says “do it on one single video”. I find it easier to stream, when the video is shorter. With the longer videos, I need to wait and wait and often get the “waiting” sign instead of being able to just watch the video.